Disk Utilization - Docker.img file

So I've tried researching this issue but I think something has changed with the newer unraid versions.  I keep getting the messages similar to:

Docker image disk utilization of 96%
Description: Docker utilization of image file /mnt/cache_nvme/system/docker/docker.img

My Cache_nvme is 2TB and no where near full.  Some of the previous issues are from a couple years ago and it indicates you could stop the docker, go to advanced view, and increase size there; however, that doesn't appear to work any longer.  How do I settle this message and allocate more space to the docker.img?

That mostly looks OK, except your system share has some folders/files on disk7, possibly from having docker/VM enabled when there wasn't a pool for it. I am guessing it would be an extra copy (probably unused now) of libvirt since your docker.cfg explicitly specifies a pool and domains.cfg only specifies the system share.

You have 20G docker.img, and that is what I usually recommend, but maybe you need more.

Go to Docker page, click Container Size button at bottom, and post a screenshot.

On 9/8/2021 at 11:09 AM, trurl said:

Go to Docker page, click Container Size button at bottom, and post a screenshot.

Odd that it runs up to 90% full when this shows only 8.6GB.  I honeslty didn't even pay attention to this button to check container size.  Maybe I'll check it when I get the notification again.  I am trying to recall what I was doing when i received the 90% full warning but can't remember off-hand.  

image.png.c24706ae2ea121578c853a3df713181a.png

Also, i am not sure whats going on with Disk 7.  Right now, it has a docker.img file in it at 21.5GB.  Perhaps at one point my Docker.img got too big and moved there?  There is an isos folder in there as well but no files that I can see.

Edited by Hawkins12
1 hour ago, Hawkins12 said:

Also, i am not sure whats going on with Disk 7.  Right now, it has a docker.img file in it at 21.5GB.  Perhaps at one point my Docker.img got too big and moved there?

On 9/8/2021 at 11:09 AM, trurl said:

possibly from having docker/VM enabled when there wasn't a pool for it.

Nothing gets moved except in accordance with the Use cache setting for the user share, and even then open files can't be moved, and docker.img is always open whenever Docker is enabled.

That docker.img is not used since you have specified the one on cache in docker.cfg, so you can delete it.