Making a Stealthy Virtual Machine

Unriad

Hello All!

I have a Windows 10 Virtual Machine running as my Gaming VM. All was going well until i tried to open Rainbow Six Siege. I tried to play a game of unranked, but within a minute, I was kicked from the game. I did a little research and discovered that BattlEye kicks players purely based off of the fact that they are using KVM. I'm not trying to hack, I just want to play the game normally, but it seems the only way to do that inside a vm is to hide it. how should I go about this?

I downloaded and used Paranoid Fish and these 3 things seem to be causing trouble.

[*] Checking the difference between CPU timestamp counters (rdtsc) forcing VM exit ... traced!

[*] Checking hypervisor bit in cpuid feature bits ... traced!

[*] Reg key (HKLM\HARDWARE\Description\System "SystemBiosVersion") ... traced!

I know that some forums or discord servers do not condone hiding VMs, and if that is the case here, I am sorry, I'll take down the post.

• 3 months later...

While I don't have a solution, you are not alone. A friend of mine bought me EFT (Tarkov) only for Battleye to kick me from any online game. Essentially a soft-ban. I've been researching ways around it but most have been through linux distros and not Unraid. 

From what I've found it seems to be possible but provides diminishing returns. At this point if I want to play I have to boot straight into Windows and that's a pain as well. I really hope Battleye can get it together. I have no issues with EAC (Easy Anti Cheat).

• 7 months later...