Web UI is unresponsive

Hurco

Hi, 

Been having some intermittent stability issues recently with the server UI becoming unavailable and the machine is then unresponsive.

Can anyone help with the logs to see if there is anything obvious?

The machine has previously been running fine with no issues or reboots etc.. days of uptime. Now it runs for a few days then seemingly randomly becomes unresponsive.

Syslog has been getting captured onto the flash drive for the past few days to see if it can capture anything significant. Most recent crash was at 21:30 tonight (22/09/2021)

Currently running 6.9.2 and have been since it was a stable release.

Thanks,

plexnas-diagnostics-20210922-2139.zip syslog

Not obviously the problem, but why do you have 100G docker.img and 90G libvirt.img? I don't think anyone ever needs more than the default 1G libvirt.img, and 20G docker.img is often more than enough. Have you been filling docker.img?

Makes me wonder if you have been filling rootfs as well, since the OS files are there and if you fill it the OS can't work with its files anymore and things go wonky.

Nothing significant logged for several hours before crash.

Hi,

Thanks for the feedback. I am new to Unraid and its settings.

The Docker img was due to messing with a poorly configured Plex container and various different settings, I have a medium/large sized Plex library with multiple users, plus I was running a lot of dockers, now removed them. Which is why I had increased the max size.

The Libvirt.img size not sure where that size had come from, but didn't think much of it, had assumed it was just a max limit for size available

I am not aware of filling any storage locations, but I am not short on space 🙂 so how do I check if I have been filling anything and affecting the OS?

The machine has been stable since the lockup on Wednesday, completed a parity check with no issues.

I will continue to monitor it with no VM running for now.

If I still see lockups then I will start with a mem test and review hardware/connections.

Any other suggestions from a software/settings side I should consider?

Thanks,