Added a second cache disk, webinterface disconnected, ping "unreachable"

shrtrnd

Hey so, I wanted to add a second cache disk to my unraid.
What I did was, stop the array, added a new SSD as a second cache disk, started the array.
The first cache disk showed "mounting" and the second said "part of pool" (or something similar).
And then suddenly the webinterface crashed and I can't ping the machine anymore (Destination host unreachable).
I can still hear my drives spinning and accessing data occasionally.

STS LED on my network adapter is just blinking, ACT LED is constant green.
External monitor gets a signal but doesn't show any picture.
I'm scared to just reboot the machine, but what other option do I have?

Edited by shrtrnd

Yeah it was completely unresponsive, let it running all night and did a force reboot just now. Everything seems to be working normally again. No idea what happened there.  
Thanks!
One other question if I may ask.
My old cache disk is/was 250GB. I added a second 500GB disk and was planning on replacing the 250GB disk now. Currently my cache disk size shows 375GB which confuses me a bit. I thought it would just show 250GB.  
Can I just stop the array, remove the 250GB cache disk, add the second 500GB disk I bought and start the array again? Or are there any extra steps?

Older Unraid releases will show wrong stats when using different size devices, but still only 250GB will be usable in default raid1.

1 hour ago, shrtrnd said:

Can I just stop the array, remove the 250GB cache disk, add the second 500GB disk I bought and start the array again?

Yes, if you're still on v6.8.x or older, cache replacement is broken on v6.9.x or newer, though you can still remove one device, then add the other one.