WIndows 10 VM Passthough - Dual Boot.

RAP2

Hi there,

I've been trying to follow this video on how to create a dual boot system with WIndows 10 on an NVMe:

How to dual boot baremetal windows and unRAID then boot the same windows as a vm - YouTube

That does not work anymore with the current version (6.9.2).  The setting were a bit tricky to get through due to changes between the video version and the one I'm using - but the real problem might be that the UUID I grabbed from my Windows machine (using wmic csproduct get UUID), seems to raise an error in UNRAID:

VM Creation Error

error: Failed to attach device from /tmp/hotattach.tmp error: internal error: cannot parse product 0x1939#remove , error: Failed to attach device from /tmp/hotattach.tmp error: internal error: cannot parse product 0x1939#remove error: Failed to attach device from /tmp/hotattach.tmp error: internal error: cannot parse product 0x0029#remove

The command prompt ID was copy/pasted to my UNRAID flash drive as suggested (presumably to eliminate typo's) and it is this:

3467b5f3-b0ea-ba89-bd6d-04421a07e0fc 

I would love to get this working - because once tested I can go ahead and purchase UNRAID and move on with the rest of the configuration, data copying, etc.

Any ideas?

My current template looks like this:

image.thumb.png.a61204b873fd0331680bd84ed66d8617.png

Edited by RAP2
typos
On 10/21/2021 at 11:18 PM, RAP2 said:

error: internal error: cannot parse product 0x1939

It seems this has nothing to do with the uuid.

from your screenshot 0x1939 is the aura led controller and 0x0029 is intel and it's these that are causing issues, something like they cannot be detected to not being attached to the vm.

I would check the content of /tmp/hotattach.tmp file (if it's there), maybe it's a corrupted leftover

Edited by ghost82