Trial Expired on Test System. Can we license, then move to new hardware later?

The trial went well and I set some things up that need to move forward with my final setup.  The final setup is actually going to be a completely new box.  Should I build the box before I license Unraid, or can I license Unraid on this "temporary" box and move everything to the new box later?

3 minutes ago, arretx said:

The trial went well and I set some things up that need to move forward with my final setup.  The final setup is actually going to be a completely new box.  Should I build the box before I license Unraid, or can I license Unraid on this "temporary" box and move everything to the new box later?

It is really up to you :)   The licence is tied to the USB stick, not to the particular box that is running Unraid. 

The license works off the USB stick, so moving all your drives including the USB should work fine.

However...

The whole reason for being able to trial Unraid is to be sure everything works as planned before attaching the permanent license to the USB, so I would be inclined to wait until the final hardware is running properly before purchasing the license. It would be inconvenient to need to use your allowed yearly license migration if for some reason the current USB stick doesn't like your new hardware.

17 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

If your current trial USB stick is a name brand well regarded version, go ahead and license it so you can continue to use Unraid on the current setup while you get your final build together.

So, moving the USB stick to a new system could cause potential problems because of hardware differences?