[SOLVED]New Drives Added to Array, User Share "Included Disks", Free Space

Today, I added 4 new (old) drives to my new Adaptec 1430SA card to get to 20 drives total (18 Data, 1 Parity and 1 Cache).  The 4 drives were older drives that were used (and replaced) in my array previously, but I had Precleared them all a couple times on another test Unraid system earlier this week when waiting for my new Raid Card to show up.

I put the drives physically in the server, assigned them to slot 15-18, started the Array, clicked the Format Checkbox and Format button.

I then tried to allocate these new disks to current user shares, but am not seeing any change to the Free Space calculation on the User Shares Tab in Unraid

Shouldn't the following string work for included disks as part of a user share : disk1-10, disk15-16 and disk10-12, disk17-18 (2 different user shares).

...not seeing any change to the Free Space calculation on the User Shares Tab in Unraid

Are you using one of the 5.0 betas or maybe unMenu?  unRAID 4.7 doesn't have a free space calculation in the user shares tab.

I believe the syntax of your disk includes is correct, but if you want to be absolutely sure you can type out each drive individually, like this:

disk1, disk2, disk3...disk15, disk16

You can then specify your excludes for completeness, though it shouldn't be necessary.

...not seeing any change to the Free Space calculation on the User Shares Tab in Unraid

Are you using one of the 5.0 betas or maybe unMenu?  unRAID 4.7 doesn't have a free space calculation in the user shares tab.

I believe the syntax of your disk includes is correct, but if you want to be absolutely sure you can type out each drive individually, like this:

disk1, disk2, disk3...disk15, disk16

You can then specify your excludes for completeness, though it shouldn't be necessary.

I am running 5.0b6a,

So I was able to use the first range and then specify the two additionally disks fully...didn't appear to like 2 range values.

disk1-10,disk15,disk16 and disk10-12,disk17,disk18

• 2 months later...

I am seeing the same problem. I added a new 2 TB disk to the array, but files on it are not being made available in user shares and OS X is still reporting the same amount of free space on the user share.

I use split level 0, the special case, so that files are split across disks on which the parent folder exists, and have manually created the folders I want on each disk to be part of user shares.

I am not explicitly including or excluding any disks from user shares (in settings > share settings OR shares > mysharename).

Am I supposed to do something else? Or is this a bug?

Archived