[Support] Bacula-Server

On 5/27/2024 at 9:46 PM, VRx said:

Today's image have amazon cloud driver added.

Thanks, is that a different driver than the S3 driver that was around for some years now? Thats fine, too, just need to look into how to use that, as I configured for the S3 driver so far.

• 4 weeks later...
On 4/19/2024 at 11:15 AM, VRx said:

which version did You use?
postgresql vs sqlite3 and 11 or 13 maybe 15 ?

can confirm the Error from the French User.

I installed a fresh Unraid yesterday and just installed Bacula Server (default sqlite version) 

if you change the admin password to something else you will endup in a broken webpage with 

"Error code: 100 Message: Problem with connection to remote host. cURL error 0: ."

after login.

If you delete the docker and the remaining files in appdata and install it fresh again with the default settings (no password change) everything works well.

On 5/29/2024 at 10:10 PM, murkus said:

is that a different driver than the S3 driver that was around for some years now?

Yes it is different, I can find manual if You need, I found it previous for testing, but I'm not using cloud backup.

On 6/21/2024 at 7:18 PM, MikePiko said:

if you change the admin password to something else you will endup in a broken webpage with 

I must test it one more time. I thought I had already improved it

Posted (edited)
On 6/27/2024 at 10:30 PM, VRx said:

Yes it is different, I can find manual if You need, I found it previous for testing, but I'm not using cloud backup.

I must test it one more time. I thought I had already improved it

Thanks, I have updated to you updated version. Since I am not usin AWS S3, but my own minio instance I have set the HostName accordingly for the Cloud resource. It seems the driver is ignoring the HostName field. Can you confirm this?

`Invalid endpoint: https://s3..amazonaws.com Unknown error during program execvp`

To work for me it would need use as URL the Cloud > HostName I have configured.

I also played with the aws driver script in the plugins folder. It became clear that it is using the python script "aws" to access s3. I have my ca-certificates.crt mapped into the container (because I am using my internal CA to sign internal certificates), but python isn't using it. I found descriptions how this can be achieved, but it would be something that would better be initialized by the container (as pip isn't installed by default):

pip config set global.cert /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt
conda config --set ssl_verify /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

Could you kindly add something like this, so that python will use the certificates at this path for SSL verification?
/etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt

Bottom line: there are at least 2 item now working atm:
(1) hand-over of the variables for the driver script (i.e. including the cloud > HostName)
(2) SSL verification using own CA certificates

Edited by murkus
added a lot more info
15 hours ago, murkus said:

`Invalid endpoint: https://s3..amazonaws.com Unknown error during program execvp`

Here is docs which I used with testing configuration.
https://docs.baculasystems.com/BEDedicatedBackupSolutions/StorageBackend/cloud/cloud-backup.html#cloud-accounts

You must do like a ceph endpoint in the exapmle.
I've found somewere that for other cloud storage than amazon You must use: UriStyle = Path
Default is Virtualhost.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, VRx said:

Here is docs which I used with testing configuration.
https://docs.baculasystems.com/BEDedicatedBackupSolutions/StorageBackend/cloud/cloud-backup.html#cloud-accounts

You must do like a ceph endpoint in the exapmle.
I've found somewere that for other cloud storage than amazon You must use: UriStyle = Path
Default is Virtualhost.

Thanks for your quick response. I was already using Path, not Virtualhost. The trick is to use BlobEndpoint in addition to HostName. Then it will actually use that endpoint.

If you get this:

`[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1006) Child exited with code 1`

(1) map the host file /etc/ssl/certs/ca-certificates.crt to the same location in the container
(2) set the container variable AWS_CA_BUNDLE to this exact path

Thanks for your continued effort, highly appreciated!

Edited by murkus
updated
  • Thanks 1
  • 3 weeks later...

So far I was successfully making backup copies to minIO S3 using copy jobs. Each volume is a folder on minIO and has an individual file called part (numbered) for each job in the volume. Works fine. The part files are all around 5GB large.

Now I was for the firs time making copies of volumes to a different pool on minIO. The upload of the part files failed consistently, but the error doesn't seem to make sense:

part.2     state=done    retry=1/10 size=193.0 GB duration=4994s msg=/opt/bacula/plugins/aws_cloud_driver upload minio01-vol-8388 part.2. upload failed: - to s3://bacula-tier3-01/minio01-vol-8388/part.2 An error occurred (InvalidArgument) when calling the UploadPart operation: Part number must be an integer between 1 and 10000, inclusive Child exited with code 2
bacula-sd JobId 23057: minio01-vol-8388/part.1     state=done     size=297 B duration=3s

the part number 2 clearly is between 1 and 10000. The problem would probably something else, but I have no idea what it is.

the part files that failed upload are large, around 200-400GB.

Any ideas?

Edited by murkus