Corsair MP510 NVME Drive as Cache with BTRFS

HarryMuscle

Is anyone using a Corsair MP510 NVME drive for their cache that is BTRFS formatted?  I've read some old posts about this causing issues (only when BTRFS formatted though)  but there doesn't seem to be anything recent with the latest version of Unraid.  If you are using this drive as your cache and are using BTRFS please let us know if you have any issues reported in your logs.

Thanks,

Harry

• 1 month later...
On 11/7/2021 at 4:51 AM, HarryMuscle said:

Is anyone using a Corsair MP510 NVME drive for their cache that is BTRFS formatted?  I've read some old posts about this causing issues (only when BTRFS formatted though)  but there doesn't seem to be anything recent with the latest version of Unraid.  If you are using this drive as your cache and are using BTRFS please let us know if you have any issues reported in your logs.

Thanks,

Harry

Hi,

I've had 2 x 4 TB Corsair MP510 nvme ssds as cache drives formated as BTRFS but they started to have a lot of errors, and since then i cannot format them as BTRFS nor as XFS, they cannot work as cache drives. I have mines installed on MSI AERO 4 m.2 pci card together with 2 samsung 950 nvme ssds, the samsungs are working OK, so the problem is bot on the AERO adapter. I think it musb be something related with the nvme controller itself but i'vnt had enought time to investigate.