Dockers not updating but available

Hi, 

I am having trouble updating my dockers. My server seems to be able to check and find updates, which then adds the "apply update" next to the dockers. However, when I click "apply update" or click it in the drop down menu (right-click -> update), the dialogue box pops up and it just closes, then reopens the docker and nothing changes.

An added note and I think this is the issue, but I still don't know how to fix it, but when I try to install another app, it pulls no data (dialogue box) and fails to download anything. 

I can't remember the last time this worked, but it may have been in 6.8.x, and I'm running 6.9.2. DNS is set to router, all dockers and VMs access the internet.

Anyone know how to fix this?

15 minutes ago, JamesBondPPK said:

So what are the DNS IP address to? 

A DNS server is what translates something like http://google.com to instead be http://142.251.32.78 which is how the entire internet works.

By not specifying a DNS server, the system defaulting to using whatever DNS addresses are set in your router (or modem) which are usually handled by your ISP.  Most ISP's DNS servers are terrible and don't resolve correctly all the time.

Those 2 addresses are for the OpenDNS servers.  There are many available via a google search.  EG: If you would like Google to know and use in their analytics that you've installed an app from docker or a plugin from GitHub you would use instead 8.8.8.8 / 8.8.4.4 (Google's servers - Incredibly awesome, always resolve, but they do track you)