unclean shutdowns, docker apps losing settings (solved)

Hello!

Upon moving from one server to a newer one, I noticed a few docker apps didn't seem to retain some config settings. I did the restore via the "community app Backup / Restore Appdata plugin. Upon its completion, I noticed in the resture status UI that some files could not be restored as it complained of not having enough space. This is strange since the cache pool app data is using has more than enough storage (as well as the array, if anything needed to be written there as well). I also noticed the array was offline, and in the webUI, I kept seeing the array was bouncing between online and undefined. As the backup/restore plugin suggested, I did a reboot and unRAID detected an unclean restart, so a parity check has started. Once again, a few of my docker apps did not retain their settings. Looking for some assistance on the issue - diag zip attached

Edited by ShadowLeague
solved

You have no pool named "cache", but appdata share has some files on "cache". So you must have one or more of your containers specifying /mnt/cache/appdata. This results in /mnt/cache/appdata being created, but since there is no storage there that path is in rootfs (RAM).

Also, your appdata share doesn't specify either of your existing pools. No doubt you had a "cache" pool but renamed it and didn't fix all of the references to it.

1 hour ago, trurl said:

You have no pool named "cache", but appdata share has some files on "cache". So you must have one or more of your containers specifying /mnt/cache/appdata. This results in /mnt/cache/appdata being created, but since there is no storage there that path is in rootfs (RAM).

I've gone through the above and all of the docker containers are now pointing to /mnt/cache_nvme/appdata/"container name". This is what I wanted, but clearly didn't have the containers setup properly. With this setup, can I safely run the CA Backup / Restore plugin? The source was  setup for the incorrect path; i'm guessing I'm ok to change the source path to the correct path and run the restore?

Edited by ShadowLeague
fixed appdata pool by selecting one cache pool, then selecting the desired cache pool.
  • ShadowLeague changed the title to unclean shutdowns, docker apps losing settings (solved)