6.10.rc2 - different docker settings when trying to reinstall dockers

tuwk

Hi all, 

I've deleted my docker.img in an attempt to resolve some stability issues I've experinced with Unraid. 

When I try to reinstall my dockers again, I go to APPS, Previous Apps and choose "Reinstall" when I want to do that. 

This is where my problems begin - when I try to reinstall Plex for instance, it loads a different dockers settings, for instance resiliosync or another one. 

It happens in different browsers, both before and after a reboot and an upgrade from 6.9.3 to 6.10.rc2. The problem persists. 

I'm in the process of restore a backup of the appdata and that is running as we speak. 

I would hate to be have to start all over with all of my dockers, so any help would be appreciated ! 

I have attached the diagnostic-file to this post. 

titan-diagnostics-20211202-2121.zip

It seemed that the BTRFS filesystem shat it self on my cache-drive, making it read-only and in general unstable as heck.

Took them out, wiped them of all partitions, reinstalled them and is currently restoring a backup. So far no issues.

Next step is to reinstall my old dockers - hope the issues has been resolved by fixing the cache-issue. I will keep this thread updated.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:26 PM, trurl said:

The docker templates use by Previous Apps is on the flash drive. Do you have a backup?

Yes, I did. But I did not use the flash-backup. 

What I did was this:

• Use another flashdrive, and make a clean install through the USB-creator tool. 
    Copied the config-folder from my flash-drive onto the new drive and reactivate with Unraid. 
  • Made a backup of the cache-data (since it was read-only) and created a new cache-setup with 4 different nvme-drives with btrfs. 
  • Restored appdata-backup with the CA-app from 3 days ago. 
  • Tried to remove partitions from the first cache-nvme drives (2 x Corsar MP510, 120TB written - weill within the 800TB endurance rating)
    Was not allowed to remove the partitions from either of my drives, but got the error "FAIL" with both drives, which made me suspect a filesystem corruption on both drives. 
  • Took the 2 x MP510-drives out and put them into a Windows-machine. They was not recognized so did a DISKPART -> Clear on both drives wiping them of everything. 
  • Put them back into my server, made a new cache-pool and the drives are working perfectly, which supports my theory of a tanked filesystem-ish problem. 
  • Now I was able to go into my Docker-tab and choose "ADD CONTAINER" which loaded my templates and I was able to bring back my dockers with the old templates. 

All is good now and minor adjustments are required to make it all work. 

Thought I would share the process I had to go though during this weekend of frustration, terror and Plex-withdrawels. 

Edited by tuwk
  • Like 1