[Solved] Please help. TV Shows are getting deleted automatically.

I don't know how deep my issue goes, but at some point in the past, I had all of the seasons of Dr. Who 2005 in my TV Show share. Scrolled through Plex one day and noticed all but the current season was MIA. I thought I may of goofed up some where so I restored the missing files from a backup. A day later they were gone again. 

I thought Sonarr or Deluge might be doing something funky, so after I restored the files and used Sonarr to name them correctly, I stopped these two containers and waited. The next day they were gone again. I'm currently testing to see if it is something wrong with the hard drives they were being wrote to, so I used the unbalance plugin to move them to a different drive to see if that could be the issue. I've not experienced hard drive failure yet, but wouldn't SMART normally give some warnings? I looked through SMART on the drives the files were scattered on and both passed.

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

I've not had a need to ask for help here much so if I did something wrong, or need to include more, please educate me.

Edited by zephyr.1.2020
Solved

Correct. I first noticed something odd when I was running a rsync to my backup server and it flagged a warning that some files vanished. I'm fairly sure I had the TV share set to fill up each disk. So it stands to reason each time I would write the show back, it would go to the same disk. Does this seam logical that it could be a hardware issue?

Update: I've been able to confirm that Plex is somehow the culprit. When I add a season folder, then force it to run it's scheduled tasks, it deletes them. I see under the alerts section of plex that it deletes the media.

I disabled all scheduled tasks that could cause deletion. Unchecked the options to empty trash after each scan, and the one that allows media deletion. But when I force it to run scheduled tasks, it still deletes the media.... Any ideas? Would making plex read only solve the issue? if so, how would I go about doing that? 

That led me to the solution. Instead of being on the landing page after logging in, the setting I needed was on the individual tv show itself. I dove into using plex's live TV/DVR option a month or so ago and I thought the option to keep only x number of unwatched shows deleted what was recorded, apparently it deleted the previous files I imported and had already watched as well. Good to know.

Thanks for all the help Jonathan! 

• zephyr.1.2020 changed the title to [Solved] Please help. TV Shows are getting deleted automatically.