[SOLVED] System is running but unreachable after a few days of use

CK Villa

Hi,

My system keeps getting unreachable after a day or two of usage. The LAN seems to be connected though the lights don't flash (There is just a steady orange light), the HDDs are not being accessed and I am not able to ping the server too. A restart gets it back online but only to repeat this process. Every restart also means that a parity check is started.

Unable to make much of Syslog since it only has logs from the time it was restarted and not from when it got hung up.

ckvillaserver-diagnostics-20211212-1647.zip

Edited by CK Villa
Issue has been resolved
  • 2 weeks later...

Attaching both logs. The logs terminate at the point where the system crashed. By crashed, the lights are on and the system is on but not reachable from the network.

Also, both times, the last lines of the log go like this:

Dec 31 01:48:47 CKVillaServer kernel: DMAR: DRHD: handling fault status reg 3
Dec 31 01:48:4 7 CKVillaServer kernel: DMAR: [DMA Write] Request device [04:00.0] PASID ffffffff fault addr e8000000 [fault reason 05] PTE Write access is not set

Is there any possibility this could all just be a bad power supply unit? Is there any test or cues that I need to look for to determine if the power supply is failing? I have a Corsair 650w supply.

Syslog - Dec 31 2nd crash.txt Syslog - Dec 31 1st crash.txt

2 hours ago, CK Villa said:

device [04:00.0]

This suggests an issue with this controller:

04:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1062 Serial ATA Controller [1b21:0612] (rev 01)
    Subsystem: ASMedia Technology Inc. ASM1062 Serial ATA Controller [1b21:1060]
    Kernel driver in use: ahci
    Kernel modules: ahci

Try not using it or installing it in a different PCIe slot.

Ok that didn't work out. I've pulled the old Maxwell based card out and installed a brand new ASM1166 based card since someone suggested that Maxwell Chipset cards don't play well with Linux on a different forum. Will run this set up for a week or so and revert with what cards were exactly used to solve this.

• 2 weeks later...
  • CK Villa changed the title to [SOLVED] System is running but unreachable after a few days of use