Having Issues getting my DS4246 drives to show up

AC-Gamer

I have a dell r710 with a H200 Lsi 9210-8i flashed in IT for unraid and it all works fine, but purchased a Lsi 9200-8e-duel port sas+sata pci express hba, qsfp+sff 8436 to sff 8088 mini sas cable ddr, and the netapp 4246. I've heard its just plug and play and while the lights come on and the system boots it doesn't show any of the drives, I found another forum talking about trouble shooting this (

but none of the suggestions worked so was hoping and post here would yield some results.  Do I need to flash the LSI card to IT mode? is it another setting I can check do I need bigger or smaller hard drives? I'm kind of at a lose atm.

2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

HBA is being correctly detected and initialized, but it's on a very old firmware, you can upgrade to see if that helps, but seems unlikely, though it should still be upgraded.

thanks for the assist Jorge, nice to know its at least being detected even if no hard drives are showing up, I've been looking into updating the firmware but never done it before so found this video 

that used megaraid to update the firmware but doesn't say where he found the drivers, few forums later I found that broadcom now owns LSI (https://docs.broadcom.com/site-search?page=1&per_page=10&q=LSI SAS 9200-8e) but still couldn't find the right drivers, any idea I can get them? If the drivers don't appear to be the issue, what do you think It might be?