Pre-Clear Error

Kosti

Hey All

Been a while, I retired my HP GEN8 and with the sale of that machine I purchased and updated to a whole new system which I just booted it up last night for the first time, using a fresh install of unraid on the same USB so I could tie my licence to it easy.

My SPECS

CPU - Intel 11th Gen Core i5-11400 2.60GHz LGA1200 Desktop Processor - Retail Box comes with HSF

Motherboard - MSI MAG B560M Mortar Wi-Fi LGA 1200 mATX Motherboard

RAM - G.Skill 64G [(2x16G) X 2 ] F4-3200C16D-32GIS PC4-25600 DDR4 3200 Mhz

CASE - Fractal Design Node 804

DISKS 2 X 1TB 970 EVO ; 3 x 12TB Elemental Drives, some 4TB which will be removed soon

Since the 12TB came from Amazon and from overseas, I ran it through a pre clear, I just ran the 2 x 12TB in their USB enclosures and once has just failed?

See attached file

I am not sure if its my new PC or the actual drive? I only ran it preclear with clear and post check only and started both 12TB drives a few seconds after each other

Have I got a bad 12TB or I should not run these together and run them one at a time

Let me know what you guys think?

PEACE

Kosti 

preclear_disk_3551483156325046_21811.txt

Edited by Kosti

OK a bit of an update, seems something went horribly wrong, now the 2nd 12TB has also failed the pre-clear?

But now I also got a fatal error from the flash drive

1471067080_ScreenShot2021-12-19at7_59_17pm.thumb.png.c8558edb05d8c558c0c814078840b155.png1389980138_ScreenShot2021-12-19at8_00_31pm.thumb.png.394318b65dd423aa793fea7f50ce77e0.png

I can try another USB stick although this one is a USB 3 type, never had any issues in the HP while it was under test before moving to this new hardware,

Very strange!

Thoughts?

preclear.disk.txt

Edited by Kosti
Fixed images
5 hours ago, Kosti said:

I can try another USB stick although this one is a USB 3 type, never had any issues in the HP while it was under test before moving to this new hardware,

Ideally use a USB 2 port on the back.  If all else fails, replace the drive or use the Flash Remount plugin.

BTW, the forum software doesn't support those img tags.  Just past the images directly into the post

Hey, thanks for the reply gents, 

But I am a little confused with these responses, so if you have time to re-address ?

@JorgeB[1] Is the method I used to pre-clear the cause of the failure because I do not have the array started and these are all unassigned disks and nothing is mapped yet as parity etc??

• Should I use the above plugin you shown, is this different from what I used and followed guides from ibracorl to install top 20 apps, Does the one I installed the pre clear plugin in terms of the behaviour and tasks that different?

@Squid[2]FYI I'm using a USB2 port and I have a USB onboard connector which is USB2 as shown in the attachement [thanks for the tip] so we're going to lean towards the USB flash drive for having an issue?

• So its in a USB2 using a USB3 Flash now the issue here or something else within my hardware?

Should I use something like HIRENS CD and run MEM tests and stress test anything else considering everything is brand new?

PEACE

Kosti

Screen Shot 2021-12-20 at 5.40.53 pm.png

My update..I removed 32Gb of ram from the total of 64GB and ran a MEMtest of 4 passes, 1st 32GB kit PASS no issues. Removed this 32GB Kit and swapped them for the other new 32GB kit and restarted MEMtest, this has failed!!!

Can't believe brand new RAM is running errors! I will set up UNRAID with 32GB and try the PRE-Clear again

• JorgeB locked this topic