VM stability issues

I've been running the Unraid trial for nearly 30 days and (4 days remaining) and as much as I'd love to move forward and commit to the build, I am experiencing some stability issues with a VM and am hoping someone can provide advice on where to look next.

UnRaid specifics:

- Plugins: Community Applications / Fix Common Problems / NVidia Driver / Unassigned Devices

- Docker: deepstack (AI for image analysis)

Hardware specifics:

- Motherboard = ASRock AB350M Pro4

- CPU = RYZEN 7 1700 8-Core

- Memory = Crucial Ballistix 3200 MHz DDR4 DRAM (32 GB)

- Drives = 2x 8TB, 1x 8TB Parity, 1x 240 GB SSD cache

- GPU = EVGA 970 GTX FTW

Issue: The windows session locks up and ceases to be responsive both in VNC and in RDP. On the Unraid dashboard I can see 2 of the 4 cores pegged at 100% (not consistently the same CPU or quantity if CPUs). No Windows events exist from the time the VM locks up to the time it is restarted. The windows session hard crashes with no BSOD. After rebuilding the VM it appeared to be stable for 24 hrs. I then installed and configured BlueIris (NVR for security cameras) and let it sit another 36 hrs at which point it locked up. I have ceased the BlueIris service and am letting it sit for another 24 hrs or so before starting them back up to narrow down on a possible cause. 

Steps taken to troubleshoot:

- Disabled "AMD Cool'n Quiet" and/or C-State

- Updated BIOS to most current release that supports my CPU

- Rebuilt the VM from scratch following SpaceInvaderOne's youtube tutorial for Windows 10 (minus the antispyware and dirlinker) with minimal apps installed

- Upgrade & Replaced memory

- Have looked into issues with Ryzen CPUs and UnRaid but they mostly seem to be related to C-State

- Have tried different variations of CPU pinning.

-- Currently the VM has 4 CPUs pinned and Isolated

-- Have also tried with no pinning and no isolation

VM specifics:

- Win 10 Pro

- 4 cores

- 8GB Memory

- No hardware passed through

- XML attached

Attached are the diagnostics from the day of the last crash (today)

Any help is appreciated as I would love to wrap this up and make a decision in the next 4 days.

Thanks!

Baseline_forDiag.xml diagnostics-20211221-1851.zip

1 hour ago, Sandstalker said:

- Upgrade & Replaced memory

Out of memory ?

Dec 21 06:59:34 BitThurmzUnraid nginx: 2021/12/21 06:59:34 [crit] 3713#3713: ngx_slab_alloc() failed: no memory
Dec 21 06:59:34 BitThurmzUnraid nginx: 2021/12/21 06:59:34 [error] 3713#3713: shpool alloc failed
Dec 21 06:59:34 BitThurmzUnraid nginx: 2021/12/21 06:59:34 [error] 3713#3713: nchan: Out of shared memory while allocating message of size 3808. Increase nchan_max_reserved_memory.

Dec 21 06:59:57 BitThurmzUnraid nginx: 2021/12/21 06:59:57 [error] 3713#3713: MEMSTORE:00: can't create unbuffered message for channel /dockerload

3 hours ago, Vr2Io said:

Out of memory ?

It's a start, Thanks @Vr2Io. Upon reviewing what UnRaid was detecting for installed memory I uncovered only 16 of the 32 GB of memory was available. 

Shortly after I realized I had inadvertently put the original 2x 8GB memory back into the server when testing and had removed the 32GB...

I've replaced the memory once more and will be firing up the VM and BlueIris for another round of testing to see how long it will last.