Cache filled to max, then both parity drives started failing

gumby327

I am running a multi terabit SSD for my cache.  According to the guides it says when the cache fills the data writes direct onto the array.  Well, the array was in the middle of a move and I had data coming in from two sources and very large files.  My diagnostic logs look like a blood bath.  I have a SATA onboard controller that supports 6 drives.  On that I had the parity plus cache and also a spare SSD that is in the array.  There are also 8 drives on a SAS to SATA PCIe 8x controller.  It has 12 hours to go on a read check and I would assume decisions would need to come after that as to replacing what hardware.  I had two Toshiba 4tb 128 meg of cache drives what are in the same serial number range that were side by side on ports on the motherboard that and those were the failing drives this time.  Any drive coming out of unraid with that failure has never recovered when placed on other controllers.

Earlier in the day I attempted to mount a multi-terabit SSD and that all failed.  You will see that goofing around in the logs as well.

gumby-diagnostics-20211225-2120.zip