New minidlna package for unmenu (including Samsung and Sony TV patches)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I'm please to announce that the v5 MiniDLNA plugin is nearly ready for public beta testing.

It's working very well for me in my own tests, so I think it needs a wider audience in order to try and find any stray bugs.

Please check the v5 Plugin Design subsection for release details over the next day or so.

As it happens, there is. This is precisely what I do with my setup. You can't do it through minidlna, though.

In my setup, I've got a 'media' share, under which I have a lot of directories.

media

|-> photos

|-> hd movies

|-> movies

|-> tv

|-> music

|-> 3d movies

What I do, is create another folder under media called minidlna-root, and then I symlink into this directory the folders I want to share.

e.g.

minidlna-root

|-> movies

|-> hd movies

|-> tv

You then point minidlna at the minidlna-root folder, and it only shares what's inside it, and not the whole media share.

Interestingly, it's because I'm doing this, that I think I've found a bug in the latest minidlna, which is what is currently preventing release of the plugin.

In the changelog for minidlna, we have two changes:

- Force a rescan if we detect a new or missing media_dir entry.

- Fix inotify parsing of new video symlinks.

Right now, when I launch the 1.1 version from the plugin, it repeatedly builds the media library, causing multiple root directory entries in the clients.

I think the problem is something to do with the fixes mentioned above, but I've yet to narrow it down. Until I do, I won't be releasing the plugin.

Hopefully, I'll work it out over the weekend.

Root cause for the problem with the new plugin and minidlna v1.1 have been identified.

Looks to be a bug in the configuration file parser in minidlna, which has been around for ever.

I've accidentally tickled it by the way that I'm creating the .conf file as part of the plugin.

It seems that it's not tolerant of duplicate entries for directives.

For example, if you put

port=8200

in the file twice, it tries to bind to the port twice, and obviously can't.

Likewise, if you put

media_dir = /mnt/user/media

twice, it proceeds to scan the directory twice, and presents you with two lots of entries for every file.

So, the fix for me is to ensure that I don't create duplicate entries in the .conf file.

The real fix is for the .conf file parser to be more intelligent in minidlna.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi After server reboot I am getting the below error when trying to re install miniDLNA

Warning: simplexml_load_file(): I/O warning : failed to load external entity "minidlna.plg" in /usr/local/sbin/installplg on line 13 how do I resolve this please