Cache drive ?

Would I be able to use take my cache drive out of it's current slot and assign it to the array with the data on it?  I would like to keep the data on it as is and use the cache drive as a data drive within the array.  Of course rename the cache drive to Disk 15 if possible.

No, it is not possible.  When a drive is added to the array as a new data drive zeros are written to the entire drive so that parity remains valid.  You will have to copy the data into the array first, then re-assign the cache drive as a data drive (and the drive's entire contents will be erased).

You could stop the array move the cache drive to a data slot (disk15?) and then enter initconfig (for version 4.7) on the command line. This will invalidate parity. When the array is started parity will be rebuilt and the new data drive should be included.

You could stop the array move the cache drive to a data slot (disk15?) and then enter initconfig (for version 4.7) on the command line. This will invalidate parity. When the array is started parity will be rebuilt and the new data drive should be included.

Are you saying the new data drive will be included with the existing data as well?

Archived