Permissions changing when organizing share over SMB through Windows 10

Hi all,

Diagnostics below. Been running my server for a good 5+ years now. Never seen an issue like this, and couldn't find anything similar in search.

The issue:

Been doing some cleanup of files on my main share. I've been connecting to the array over SMB from a Windows 10 machine to do this. This is my main method of interacting with my storage. I created a new folder and 4 folders were created  - New Folder, New Folder (1), etc. etc. These folders could not be accessed with the permissions my standard user has. 

At the same time, I noticed permissions changed across multiple folders, and that these folders no longer had the correct permissions for access over SMB.

Only things I can think of that I have done may have caused this:

- Installed 2 new docker containers through Community Apps

- evanbuss/openbooks

- spaceinvaderone/shinobi_pro_unraid:

I noticed shinobi created some new shares and paths to uncommon locations for docker containers - under, /usr/share/zoneinfo, /dev/shm and /etc/localtime

I'm not sure if these installations are related to my problem but it's the only configuration I changed between being able to create and modify files and folders on my share without these weird permissions issues.

Only other thing I noticed was in syslog of my diagnostics, samba restart script ran after docker made some changes - I'm assuming this may be related to the containers I installed, but I'm not familiar enough with the inner workings or standard practice to know if this is a common thing...

I've run docker safe new perms, which fixed the folders that had problems, but I still get this New Folder problem, and the 4 folders that are created have -rwxrws---. Should a user with Read/Write access to the share be treated as an "other" - outside the group? 

Thanks for help in advance.

Edited by jbking93
diagnostics in next post