Hardware Upgrade Advice

Hey all, I have decided to upgrade the hardware on my trusty Unraid Server. I am turning to this great community for some help to map out the process. I would like to upgrade my case, mobo, cpu, ram, and cache drive. Here is the current hardware:

Case: CoolerMaster Master Case 5

MOBO: MSI X99A Raider
CPU: i7-5960X
Cooler: Be Quiet Dark Rock Pro 3

RAM: 32GB, 4GB x8 sticks
Cache: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SATA Drive
SAS: LSI 9211-8i P20

GPU: NVidia GT 710

Unraid: Pro. v6.9.2 

Parity: WD80EMAZ x2 (Shuked)
Data: Seagate 6TB IronWolf x8

The switch will be to a Ryzen based system with the following specs:

Case: Fractal Design Meshify 2 XL
MOBO: ASUS TUF X570-Plus (WiFi)

CPU: Ryzen 3900X
RAM: 32GB, 8GB x4 sticks
Cache: M.2 Firecuda 520 1TB

My main concern is the switch of the cache drive from SATA to M.2. Also there is a VM running that I am ok with deleting and starting with a fresh install on the new hardware, but unsure about the pass through settings mouse, keyboard, usb device etc..

What would be some first steps? I think the X99A Raider board does have a m.2 drive, do I pop my future m.2 cache drive in that slot and follow the parity swap procedure? 

Or do I build in the new case with Ryzen hardware and take the current cache drive (500GB SATA) along with the array drives and Unraid USB, etc..  

What are some things I should do before I shut down the intel based server and transplant the drives and other hardware. Any help is appreciated! 

38 minutes ago, trurl said:

Don't understand, parity swap doesn't have anything to do with cache.

my mistake. I meant to say "do I  shut down docker and vm services, set all shares to cache yes, run mover. Shut down, populate m.2 slot of X99A board with new cache drive, power up, set new cache drive as M.2 drive?

I've also been thinking about upgrading the parity drives to 12TB units, and I had looked up info on that, and I referenced that in error. My mistake. 

Edited by boianski