M.2 Not Showing Now

Pstark

Today I got a new 8TB WD RED drive and an Icy Dock 5 Bay cage and I started a pre clear on the new drive and went to main tab to monitor the temps and while they are fine, I also noticed that my m.2 drive is no longer listed. It is indeed still installed but no listed. What gives? I shut it down and removed all the drive connections to see if that caused it but still not showing. I looked in the bios and with all drives connected, none are listed. Does anyone that knows more than me know what could cause this? All 5 spinning discs show in UNRAID but not the M.2 and none show in the bios.

tower-diagnostics-20220119-2152.zip

7 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Is the M.2 device SATA or NVMe? If SATA it will share one of the 6 SATA ports.

It’s an NVME drIve. This is why I unplugged all the SATA drives to see if the MB was using those lanes for the SATA ports. Also when I go to the bios, should the m.2 be set to optane or m.2 genie? 

Edited by Pstark
22 hours ago, JorgeB said:

NVMe doesn't share lanes with SATA, this is the problem:

Jan 19 21:37:36 Tower kernel: ahci 0000:00:17.0: Found 1 remapped NVMe devices.
Jan 19 21:37:36 Tower kernel: ahci 0000:00:17.0: Switch your BIOS from RAID to AHCI mode to use them.

Thank you! I figured this was the issue. A couple weeks ago I changed the m.2 bios setting from AHCI to optane to see if it would solve a different issue. When I noticed the drive missing I attempted to change it back but for some reason the setting won’t stick. I change it to back to AHCI then save and exit then go back in to verify and find it still says optane. I will look into it more over the weekend.