Getting Smart errors on parity and data drive

gjkthx
Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

So I'm new to Unraid and just started to get a SMART error on 2 of my drives, one is a parity drive the other is a data drive.    I have had issues with both the drives before when I first set up my system but after pulling them, and running a disk check on both of them nothing came up. after I reinstalled them and reinstalled Unraid I had no problems with them until today, a little over a year from when that first happened. I'm wondering what steps I should take next. I'm not sure if from the SMART reports if I should try to rebuild the drives onto themselves or just go strait to replacing them. If I rebuild, should I do the parity drive or data drive first? Would that do anything to effect the smart report? If I replace them, should I rebuild them one at a time?  Should I start with the parity or data drive? Thanks for any help or advise you can offer.

parity-cube-smart-20220127-1053.zip data-cube-smart-20220127-1033.zip

• Solution

That seek error rate failing now SMART is kind of common with those drives, and it usually goes way on its own, main issue is that the extended SMART test is failing, might or not be related to that, you can run a non correcting check, if there aren't any errors and the SMART failing now attribute goes away after a power cycle or a few days and the SMART extended test no longer fails I would probably keep them for now.