Drive Removed, can i move the slots up?

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

I removed a drive (a small 200gb) from the array. I followed the shrink procedures (https://wiki.unraid.net/Shrink_array), but my browser crashed and the 'write zero's' window died. I monitored top to see the activity and after a day, when the shfsd went away and writes to the parity were not moving, i removed the drive.

Now in my array config, i have slot 1 (where the 200gb) drive used to be is empty.

image.thumb.png.d0155ce2868634724f900ad9a52b75ad.png

I think this is affecting my shares, as they show the yellow warning sign.  (ignore the -backups), i created those on the raid1 cache drive).

image.thumb.png.ae190c651a5e64aedba9c18697c41a72.png

Looking at the FCM share, it is only on disk4, which is encrypted

image.thumb.png.c0584563a90e8f301acc007dbda31179.png

I think the missing drive is making Unraid think that something is wrong and showing those shares as unprotected. A parity read overnight shows zero errors.

How can i once and for all get rid of the removed drive, and can I move the 3 drives up a slot (so to speak), making disk2 become disk 1, and 3 become 2, and....

Thanks!

Crashn

Edited by Crashn_bern
grammar

Thanks JorgeB. I thought I did that, but I guess not?

To be specific, i can create a new config, move the disks up a 'slot', then save and parity check?  The disk is gone, i had moved all the data and removed it physically. 

Will the process you describe remove the warnings about data not being protected?

10 minutes ago, Crashn_bern said:

To be specific, i can create a new config, move the disks up a 'slot', then save and parity check?

Yes, to "save" you just start the array.

10 minutes ago, Crashn_bern said:

Will the process you describe remove the warnings about data not being protected?

Yep, once the parity sync is done.

Thank you. It seems to be working great. No more failed drive listed, and the parity is running. I had to reset all my shares so they ended up on the correct drives as the drive assignments changes (which is what I wanted). I'm confident that after the parity check, all shares will show protected.

image.thumb.png.7c84091fe9b6cc35b467da6272eb084f.png

Edited by Crashn_bern