NVIDIA GPU passthrough locks UNRAID GUI on start

dja
Go to solution Solved by dja,

I'm trying to pass an Nvidia NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER to my Windows 10 VM. I have a AMD Ryzen 9 5950X with 128 GB DDR4.

Latest BIOS. Motherboard info:

ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING WIFI II , Version Rev X.0x
American Megatrends Inc., Version 4203
BIOS dated: Tue 08 Feb 2022 12:00:00 AM EST

Every time I try to start the VM the VM icon starts spinning (red) and eventually crashes the GUI forcing me to do a powerdown command from SSH. Not optimal of course. 

I have 2 cards. I am passing the other, a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti to my dockers. I am 1000% positive I am not using the docker graphic card with VM. I have disabled docker just to test that out...issue still happens. I have looked at the suggested AMD tweaks but I have no c-State settings or anything close to that. (From what I can see..)  Motherboard manual below:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/ROG_STRIX_X570-E_GAMING_WIFI_II/E19182_ROG_STRIX_X570-E_GAMING_WIFI_II_V2_UM_WEB.pdf

I have also tried passing the card I use for docker to VM (when docker disabled) and it still crashes Unraid. 

Any suggestions? I saw in another video that @SpaceInvaderOne created a video card bios file in order to boot his VM. I hope that isn't the situation, seems like a ton of work to pass GPU.

2 Diags from crashes attached. 

Any ideas suggestions appreciated! 

zeus-diagnostics-20220218-0019.zip zeus-diagnostics-20220218-1613.zip