WireGuard VPN, no internet search but local network works. V6

petchav
Go to solution Solved by jude,

Hello, 

my VPN connection was working perfectly for several months. I had followed the instructions and set up a "Remote tunneled access" connection with a "local endpoint:" which had a duckdns.org address. 

Recently, I bought a domain name and I now use home.firstname-lastname.com to connect to my local network. 

So I deleted my WireGuard configuration and start over with a "local endpoint" = home.firstname-lastname.com, still in "Remote tunneled access".

I have access to the local network and to the devices, 10.0.0.1, 10.0.0.3 etc, but I can't search on the internet when the VPN is active. 

To make matters worse, I reset the original configuration with duckdns.org thinking it was a problem with my domain name, but now even the original configuration creates the same problem with impossible internet searches.

Please, can you help me to see more clearly? 

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem !

I have newly installed unraid, and after configuring my VPN with "Remote tunneled access". In VPN, I have access to my unraid interface, but I can't access other devices on my local network, nor go out on the internet :c

I would be grateful to the person who finds a solution !

1 hour ago, jude said:

Try Changing the Peer DNS Server to something like CloudFlares 1.1.1.1

Thats the only difference I see from my setup and yours

Damn, it works

I don't understand why it doesn't work with my DNS! I use a docker with AdGuard Home and it works for all other devices.

Thanks a lot @jude

If you ever have an explanation of why I can't use my DNS I'd love to hear it.