disabled drive and failed drive simultaneously

Jaxs

Good morning all

Last night I noticed my Plex wasn't  working so I checked my Docker which turned out to be corrupted or something as it was unresponsive. I did a clean shut down but when it came back up I had one array drive that was disabled and being simulated and another that outright failed at the same time. The one that failed is an old drive that did not have anything on it so I really couldn't care less about that drive.

I'm confused on how to deal with this as the array is not started since there are 2 disc issues and I only have one parity drive yet it is saying that it is being emulated. I'm ok with taking the bad one out of the array and have read what I need to do to try to repair the filesystem but it also states "Make sure that you have the array started in the correct mode. If necessary stop the array and restart in the correct mode by clicking/unclicking the Maintenance Mode checkbox next to the Start button."

I have not tried to start it in maintenance mode as it was too late to get into it last night but I read that statement as the array must be started which it will not  do at the moment.  Hopefully one of you Gurus can give me an order in which to attack this so I don't have a lose of date :) 

I will be sure to do that but I was uncertain if I even had an issue at first as my VMs and other Dockers were running fine.  Can I safely take the bad drive out before trying to fix the file system on the other drive?  some guidance would be greatly appreciated

Yup I know they aren't directly related which is why I thought this would be an easy answer of how I attack this as i don't care if I retain the bad drive and only wish to recover the corrupted/disabled one.  Ill attach diagnostics when I get home but I figured I was already going to be following the guide posted to recover it. I just wasn't sure how to deal with both issue at the same time and a safe route to do so. Perhaps I'm just not explaining myself well enough

Edited by Jaxs

Just an FYI, i  have hot swappable  bays and i was taking them out to locate the bad drives as I don't have them marked ( will remedy that soon!) and even swapped bays to make sure I wasn't having a bay issue. I assume that will likely show up in the logs

Edited by Jaxs