Unable to format drive

I have purchased some new 8Tb drives, H7280A520SUN8.0T but i am unable to format them in unraid, i tried doing this manually but still didnt work. I then went to go check the partition table and it says "unknown" and i am unable to make one. I have tried formatting the drive first with the following command:

sg_format --format --fmtpinfo=0 /dev/sdm

and then:

sg_format --format --size=4096 /dev/sdm

any ideas?

image.thumb.png.206195a8f454b49b4d8df606b955cec3.png

unraid01-diagnostics-20220225-1724.zip

It's not showing up on SMART like it usually does, but looks like the drives are formatted with protection, try re-formatting the devices with

sg_utils, more info below:

Feb 24 10:42:18 UNRAID01 kernel: blk_update_request: protection error, dev sdb, sector 15362376248 op 0x0:(READ) flags 0x0 phys_seg 1 prio class 0

Thank you for sending me that link I already did try that format command but at the time it didn't work. Ive just power cycled the drives and now they are working so for anyone in the future run:

sg_format --format --fmtpinfo=0 /dev/sXX

##NOTE THIS WILL WIPE THE DATA OFF THE DRIVE

and then if you have hot swap unplug the drives wait a few seconds and plug them back in, if you dont have hot swap power down the server and wait a few seconds and turn back on