What in the world? Everything at 100% load, server non-responsive

I woke up this morning to this.

It's out of the ordinary and nothing has been changed since everything was working perfectly as expected.  Now I can't do anything with unraid or any of the containers or VMs.

How do I begin to troubleshoot this?  What happens if I unplug my server and restart it?

Screen Shot 2022-03-10 at 7.09.30 AM.png

Whether or not the following is a correlation or cause is unknown to me, but the activity that I most recently began before today was an rsync from my MacBook to a shared folder in Unraid.  I'm copying an external USB-C drive full of video to a shared folder so it's on the network and not clogging up my working external SSD drive (used for video editing.)

During that rsync, it would repeatedly fail, which seemed to coincide with a slow-down in network performance ( I have a 10GB connection between my MacBook and the Unraid box).

I switched to FileZilla as an FTP client with ProFTPd on the server and began copying the files that way instead.  The problem didn't go away and I woke up to the 100% problem this morning.

The strange thing is that after about 5 minutes or so, whatever is locking the system resources up is released and everything seems to be back to normal.  Then, it ramps up again and locks up for a bit.  It seems to be a pattern, but I can't figure out what's going on.

Docker Containers

I'm running the following:

* Docuwiki

* Mariadb

* Postgres

* ZoneMinder

VM's

* Home Assistant (2 cores / 4096 mem)

* Ubuntu 20.04 (2 cores / 4096 mem)

Is there anything you see that's a red flag?

Edited by arretx
Clarification

When it's like this, no.  But if I wait a while, whatever is eating up the system stops and I can access everything.  

I disabled the Syncthing container and it hasn't happened since.  I think I have something misconfigured in syncthing or I've created a file sync loop of sorts or something.  Either way, with Syncthing disabled, the problem seems to have stopped.  I'll keep my eye on it.  

What am I looking for in Diagnostics?