Disk errors - superblock read failed

Hello.

I ran into something similar almost a couple years ago, coincidentally I had covid then and just got it now again, and the brain just does not function well with this so please bare with me if you could.  

I'm running Version: 6.10.0-rc2

mobo: Asus PRIME Z590

processor: i5-11600K

HBA: (2) LSI SAS3008

Things have been smooth sailing for the last couple years, but a couple days ago a drive (#5) was throwing up errors.  I pulled the drive, cleaned the contacts, reinstalled and ran a smart test which came back fine.  I formatted the drive and re-added to the array. In the middle of rebuilding the drive, another disk (#7) started throwing errors.  

Like a dummy, I stopped the rebuild of #5 about 1/4 way through before the #7 disk had totally failed an was disabled, powered down and cleaned the connections to that one.  Rebooted and #7 was disabled.  I tried running xfs repair and got:

superblock read failed, offset 0, size 524288, ag 0, rval -1 fatal error -- Input/output error

I'm currently running an extended smart test on that one.

It's obviously a rare chance that 2 drives failed at the same time, so I'm guessing it's a HBA or something to that effect, but my foggy brain is having issues troubleshooting at the moment.  I'm hoping someone can poke through these logs and point me in the right direction.  I only have one parity drive and really hope I can at least get #7 back up so I can rebuild #5.  I truly appreciate your help!

Jon

tower-diagnostics-20220310-1200.zip

Unraid can't emulate two disks with single parity, this is a scenario that should not happen, i.e., disabling one disk during the rebuild of another with single parity, disk7 look OK, though there are a lot of CRC errors, if these are recent you should replace the SATA cable, then you can force enable disk7 to try and rebuild disk5, assuming parity is still valid, to do that:

-Tools -> New Config -> Retain current configuration: All -> Apply
-Check all assignments and assign any missing disk(s) if needed
-IMPORTANT - Check both "parity is already valid" and "maintenance mode" and start the array (note that the GUI will still show that data on parity disk(s) will be overwritten, this is normal as it doesn't account for the checkbox, but it won't be as long as it's checked)
-Stop array
-Unassign disk5
-Start array (in normal mode now), ideally the emulated disk will now mount and contents look correct, if it doesn't you should run a filesystem check on the emulated disk
-If the emulated disk mounts and contents look correct stop the array
-Re-assign disk5 and start array to begin.

this time after i formatted #5, it mounted properly and seems to be rebuilding and not throwing errors on #7.  I'll let this run through and hopefully the second time was the charm.  If it doesn't take I'll reboot and send you those diags.  Thanks again for your help.  I really appreciate it!