BIOS time incorrect after Sleep - not a motherboard problem

I have this problem where my BIOS time sets to GMT + 0 from the correct GMT + 8 whenever my UNRAID OS enters sleep mode.

The date in BIOS is correct and it's not a motherboard or battery issue because 1. I've changed the battery and 2. The date does not reset.

I have set up my server to Sleep at night and use a BIOS setting to wake it up in the morning. However because of the time change to minus 8 hours it doesn't wake. Fixing the time in BIOS doesn't help as after Sleep BIOS goes back to GMT + 0. Could UNRAID be fixing my BIOS time? If so what should I do?

I found a setting called NPT in the date/  time menu and set that to off. Will test it overnight. Would this make a difference?

12 hours ago, gubbgnutten said:

What motherboard/BIOS do you have?

As for a workaround, can’t you just stick with UTC in the BIOS and adjust the wakeup time 8 hours instead?

It's a Biostar TZ68A+.

Yes I've now done exactly what you've said. I am waiting to see if it will boot on schedule.

But this would be a somewhat inelegant solution after all.

5 hours ago, Shahmatt said:

Could it be that the GUI is showing something different from what is in the command line? 

How would I check this if so?

Seems unlikely - I would expect the GUI to be using the standard Linux 'date' command for reading and setting the time.  If date, time and time zone are set correctly in Unraid (under Settings-> Date and Time) then since this problem seems specific to your system I would be more inclined to suspect a buggy BIOS not handling time zones correctly.