How does a file get duplicated on Cache and the array?

Looking at my TV share info, I see this:

image.thumb.png.0c124c37ce39cfd36b4538ad80d261ef.png

Looking at it from a terminal session, I see:

root@NAS:/mnt/cache/TV/Frankie Drake Mysteries/Season 04# ls -la
total 4
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  20 Mar  2  2021 ./
drwxrwxrwx 1 nobody users  18 Jan 26 19:26 ../
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 331 Jan 27  2021 season.nfo
root@NAS:/mnt/cache/TV/Frankie Drake Mysteries/Season 04# ls -la /mnt/disk5/TV/Frankie\ Drake\ Mysteries/Season\ 04/
total 4
drwxrwxrwx 2 nobody users  32 Jan 22 19:04 ./
drwxrwxrwx 3 nobody users 124 Jan 26 19:31 ../
-rw-rw-rw- 1 nobody users 331 Jan 27 07:16 season.nfo

How is it that the second listing (on /mnt/disk5) didn't/doesn't get overwritten by the file residing on the cache drive when the mover runs?

Disk5 is a reasonably full 8TB drive, but it's still got almost 700GB of free space - more than plenty to store a 331 byte file, and even then, it shouldn't matter, because the file in Cache should simply overwrite the file on the array.

I can, and probably will, simply delete the file from the cache dir, but why does it seem that the mover isn't doing its job here?

Just now, itimpi said:

any idea how that happened.

Nope, not a clue. That's why I asked. ;)

1 minute ago, itimpi said:

Mover never overwrites existing files.

If I have a DVD rip of a movie, then get a Blu-Ray rip by the same name, the mover won't overwrite the older file with the newer one?

6 minutes ago, FreeMan said:

Nope, not a clue. That's why I asked. ;)

If I have a DVD rip of a movie, then get a Blu-Ray rip by the same name, the mover won't overwrite the older file with the newer one?

When you place a file with the same name into a user share then the existing copy gets overwritten wherever it is placed regardless of whether it is on the main array or a pool so in that sense you should not end up with a duplicate.

One way I can think of to end up with a duplicate unexpectedly is if you are using something like a docker container that bypasses the normal user share system and you end up with a manifestation of the behaviour described here in the online documentations accessible via the ‘Manual’ link at the bottom of the GUI.   Another possibility might be using the unBalance plugin and aborting it in mid process.

13 minutes ago, itimpi said:

the unBalance plugin and aborting it in mid process

I may have done that. However, leaving a file on cache instead of on a diskx seems odd. This does seem to be a reasonable explanation, I suppose, though.

I've learned to do a copy/delete instead of move when I'm manually working with files in Krusader. I tend to avoid using Windoze for file management (somewhat) because it's a lot slower. I think I avoid most of those other situations, but certainly couldn't guarantee it. I guess that's why I'm finding this a bit perplexing.

I'll just do a manual clean up (I've got several other files in this situation, too, I think).

Thanks for the insight.