[solved]setup multiple instances of the same container

Hello all,

I'm running the linuxserver.io nextcloud container. Currently I want to add functionalities, but don't dare to touch my actuall production nextcloud instance for this stuff.

Is it possible to run the same container twice and somehoe completely disconnect all data (including appdata and containers itself) from the other instance? That way I don't break my families data if make a mistake.

Thank you in advance

Autchi

Edited by Autchirion
added solved tag

Easiest way would be in Apps - Settings, enable "Install 2nd Instance".

Then from Apps - Installed Apps, under actions, install 2nd instance.  It will automatically adjust the name and the appdata path appropriately - You will still have to adjust the ports and additional paths as you choose

• Autchirion changed the title to [solved]setup multiple instances of the same container
  • 1 year later...
  • 8 months later...
On 3/29/2022 at 7:11 AM, Squid said:

Easiest way would be in Apps - Settings, enable "Install 2nd Instance".

Then from Apps - Installed Apps, under actions, install 2nd instance.  It will automatically adjust the name and the appdata path appropriately - You will still have to adjust the ports and additional paths as you choose

So is there any chance that this option can be extended to more than just a 2nd instance? I am playing with WindowsinDocker and would like to try and setup an entire AD domain. To do so, I will need a lot more than just 2 instances.

20 minutes ago, irishjd said:

So is there any chance that this option can be extended to more than just a 2nd instance? I am playing with WindowsinDocker and would like to try and setup an entire AD domain. To do so, I will need a lot more than just 2 instances.

Did you try? As long as the names are different from default it's a "different instance".