New UnRAID Server and 18 TB WD Disks won't show up

Go to solution Solved by JonathanM,

I am trying to start an UnRAID server.  I am repurposing my old gaming computer with some added hard drives

The hardware is an i7 9700kf CPU with an Asus TUF Gaming z370 motherboard.  I also have an LSI 9211-8i P20 IT Mode HBA that I purchased off of Amazon

I have 5 Hard Drives and 1 M2 SSD 500 GB.  1 of the hard drives is an 8TB WD with a white label that was removed from an EasyStore external hard drive.  The other 4 are 18 TB WD Whites that were also removed from EasyStore external hard drives.  The M2 SSD and the 8 TB WD hard drive show up in my BIOS and also in UnRAID.  So far I can't get any of the 18 TB drives to show up.   The motherboard has 6 SATA ports and I have hooked them up to the SATA ports and they didn't show up.  I have also hooked them up through the HBA card with one of the SAS to SATA cables.  I have tried changing the power cables to the hard drives to see if something was bad.  So far I haven't been able to get any of the 18 TB drives to show up in the BIOS or in UnRAID.  

I have tried looking up if there is some sort of conflict between my motherboard and larger hard drives, but haven't found anything

So far I am stumped and discouraged.  I'm hoping somebody can help me sort this out.  

20 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

Have you masked off or disabled the 3.3V reset pins on the drives?

I remember reading something about that, but have never had to do that on any of my 8 TB drives.  I just took one of the drives and plunked it into an an external hard drive cage and it works in that hooked up via usb to another computer.  

How would I know if that is the issue and if so how do I correct it?

Edit - I found a Molex to SATA power adaptor cable and plugged them all in that way and now they all show up

You are a life saver.  Thank you!!!!

Edited by go69cars