Array Disks in Unassigned Devices, but Array ok?!

Ok, so I've been having this weird issue where disks assigned to the array, show up in the Unassigned Devices. It started yesterday, when one of my disks (disk 2) started showing errors and the array removed the disk (showed a red X), yet the array size did not change (don't fully understand that...). I was pretty sure the drive was still good (SMART output showed it was ok), so I rebooted, reassigned the disk and did a parity check and everything was fine (ran for over 10 hours). This morning, I wake up, and disk 3 had been removed, but added to the Unassigned Devices, yet the array says it is fine and shows the disk as still attached, and there are no errors.  Then I just noticed, the same thing has happened to disk 1.  Attached is a screenshot of my Main tab. If you look at the disk names, you will see disk 1 and disk 3 still show as part of the array, but the temp column has an *, and both are listed in the Unassigned Devices. And yes, all three drives are WD WD60EFAX (SMR) 🙄 😞

Others have said SMR shouldn't impact UnRAID performance (besides slowing it down), but they are the only trouble drives I have.

So, what the heck is going on?! I'm not sure how to interpret what is happening and how to fix it.

I've attached my diagnostics report.

You will see I'm preclearing a couple of drives (CMR), in case its best to replace the SMR drives (I have two attached via a USB 3.0 dual dock, but unRAID is showing them both as just the first one).

I'd still like to understand what is happening and can I continue to use the SMR drives?

Thank you!

11358134_arraydisksinUnassigneddevices.thumb.jpg.f77ec9722a3727c41c9af55f2366e69d.jpg

depthvader-diagnostics-20220403-2126.zip

Edited by DepthVader
clarification

@JorgeB,

Thanks for replying. Just to clarify, disk 1 in Unassigned Devices is being precleanered and is not the same disk as disk 1 in the array. If you take a look at the disk identification, you'll see they are different.

I'll take a look at the connections, thanks for the input!

Edited by DepthVader
39 minutes ago, DepthVader said:

is not the same disk as disk 1 in the array

I was talking about disk1 in the array, the one that dropped offline and reconnected.

I see, you meant that disk1 is not using USB, you're right, I saw wrong before, but still looks like a power/connection issue.