Two disks disappeared after replacing bad parity (SAS card issue)

I had two disks disk 1 and 9. Disappear at first I thought was bad disk. But no matter the switch of disks they wont show up. I bought 2 new disks and they wont show up either. MY sas card can do 8 HDDs but it only shows 3 and I swapped sas card for another and still same effect.

I had a weak gpu on pci 1 and decent gpu on pci 2 and my sas on pci 3. I thought it was not getting enough bus speed so I removed 1st gpu. But still same effect. You would think at least the 4th hdd would show up on the sas ? I have bunch of y spliters powering the drives.

dissenter_ZC0VqxgArK.png

bracservultra-diagnostics-20220404-0811.zip

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for late reply , I been out of my mojo. I turned on and had monitor plugged. Noticed new screen to show the SAS drive bios boot. Like usually it would show  all drives it has and reboot to the bios right? Thats not happening. the card I have in now is a NEW USED HP SAS card. I have a LSI and that one was updated long ago. It worked with other drives before.

13 hours ago, MrBrac said:

Noticed new screen to show the SAS drive bios boot. Like usually it would show  all drives it has and reboot to the bios right?

Don't quite understand what you mean, during boot you should see the LSI BIOS and it will list all the devices detected, check if the SAS drive is listed there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...