[Solved] Filer permission problems

unRaid 5.0beta6a

OK I attempted setting up some permission on my shares to keep the kids from deleting the movies, music and pictures.  All I ran into was lots of problems so I'm trying to reset it all back to public for each share.

I have been able to do this and delete the users from the user list (not very easy and required a reboot), but that is done.

The issue I'm having is that one share "My Documents" is keeping me from writing to it.  If I look at /etc/samba/smb-share.conf I see:

[My Documents]

path = /mnt/user/My Documents

comment =

browseable = yes

# Public

public = yes

writeable = yes

I've also checked that every disk is set the same.

Why would I not be able to write to this share?  I checked the file permissions and they are all set to nobody users 770 for directories and 660 for files.  

I do remember when I first set the shares to secure and set my username to allow read/write I had to log in to access the shares, and I did that once, but was never prompted to do it again.  I'm wondering if it is attempting to logging every time I access the share now and the user is unknown so I can't read/write.

If this is the case how do I undo this?

EDIT:

I figure it out.  Somehow I changed the include disk list to include a disk where the data did not reside, and put the disk where the data was located in the exclude list.  So I could read the data without issue, but could not write anything to it.

So if you get a no disk error when writing to a share, and the webpage shows the share space as zero, but you can write directly to the disk in question (or at least the disk you thought to be in questions) check your include/exclude lists in the share definition.

dave

syslog.txt

Archived