Tesla M40 as second GPU Passthrough

Right now i have a 60TB array with 2 xeon 2650v2 256gb of ram and with a plex docker using an P600 for transcoding. I have a few other dockers running but that is the only one with any real hardware associated with it. I am using the Nvidia plugin on version 6.9.2. With all that out of the way, i am attempting to use either a Tesla M40 or a Tesla K80 passed through to a VM as a second GPU. The main idea behind this is i want all of my rendering horse power on the server so i can design in fusion 360 or use blender from almost any machine i own. I would like to use the original VNC as the base GPU so i can have easy access to the VM anywhere in the house.

As of right now i have tried to set the Tesla M40 up as the second GPU in the VM but Windows does not see the hardware at all. I do not have a Vbios for it either. I have also tried to use the card as just a PCIE device but unraid will not let me pass it through that way. I would rather not setup a second machine if i can help it. Is there something i can do to get either of these cards to pass through correctly? I have enough system resources to choke a horse on my server i would rather keep it in one box.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...