3 Drives failing UD preclear at post read step

I have been trying to resolve this issue for the past week.

system specs:

ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING II
Ryzen 7 3700X
DDR4-3000 64GB (16x4)

2 LSI SAS 9211-8i in it mode (HBA)

I have 1 WD red 8TB (7SGLA7XC) and 2 Seagate Exos 8TB drives that I've been trying to preclear. They were in an Unraid array pool. I connected them to the HBAs (2 drives on 1 and 1 drive on the other). I ran the preclear on all 3 drives. They all failed at the post read step. I tried preclearing just one drive, WD red, and it failed at the same place. I tried an 500GB drive I had laying around and it passed all the steps. I tried one more time with the WD red and it failed the same way. I updated the mobo bios, and re-flashed both HBAs and disabled the boot drive option. again, failed on the post read step. I connected it to the motherboards sata port and tried, failed again.

In one of the diskinfo logs I was getting "Apr 8 23:45:16: Error: shell_exec(/usr/sbin/smartctl --info --attributes -d auto '/dev/sdh' 2>/dev/null) took longer than 10s!" but only that one time. 

Any help would be apricated. I have a total of 6 8TB drives to preclear and I don't want to waist time if they are all going to fail. 

Edit: I am running an extended smart self test right now. It's at 90%. It's been running for 10 hours now.

SERVER-unassigned.devices.preclear-20220410-0027.zip server-diagnostics-20220412-2029.zip SERVER-unassigned.devices.preclear-20220412-0935.zip

Edited by marvin888
added info

Sooo... one of my memory modules is bad. Ran memtest on all 4 and they failed instantly. took them all out and tested them individually and found one bad. Over 250 errors within the first 30 seconds. I'm trying to RMA one set now. I'm running memtest on the other 2 modules now. 3 hours so far so good.

Edited by marvin888
spelling