Backup Photos and Videos Folder from Synology to UnRAID

I am migrating from Synology to UnRAID.  I previously had all my media stored on a large Synology NAS.  I've now made an UnRAID server and have duplicated all my media there.  After searching I really wasn't thrilled with any of the photo solutions available for UnRAID so I got myself a little 2 disk Synology to keep my photos and videos on.  I also want to keep a duplicate of each folder on UnRAID as a backup and for Plex to be able to access them there.  

I've researched it a little and I read about using Hyperbackup and rsync, but it seems very complicated and not at all straight forward.  Is there not a way to map the 2 folders from UnRAID onto the Synology or vice versa and just run a backup that way?  I'd prefer to keep this simple as I'm basically a linux newb.  I did try to map the 2 folders from UnRAID onto the Synology using CIFS, but I kept getting the message that UnRAID wasn't allowing it.