[SOLVED] Thousands of Errors on disks, need advice, shares missing

Go to solution Solved by JorgeB,

8 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

You didn't reboot, or posted old diags.

Sorry mate I'll try again in about 2 hours when I get home. I'm doing it remotely so I cant check to see does the physical machine actually go down. I did hit reboot and the GUI & VPN dropped out for 2 minutes but I don't know did it actually reboot. Could be part of the errors. 

31 minutes ago, AceRimmer said:

Ithink this is related to a GPU install

Check the passed-through devices, the SATA controller is not being passed through as far as I can see, but it is/was that would also explain your issue, when the VM was started Unraid would lose connection with all the disks on that controller, it's this device:

0b:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] [1022:7901] (rev 51)
    Subsystem: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] [1022:7901]

2 hours ago, JorgeB said:

Check the passed-through devices, the SATA controller is not being passed through as far as I can see, but it is/was that would also explain your issue, when the VM was started Unraid would lose connection with all the disks on that controller, it's this device:

0b:00.0 SATA controller [0106]: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] [1022:7901] (rev 51)
    Subsystem: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. [AMD] FCH SATA Controller [AHCI mode] [1022:7901]

GPU has been pulled. Machine is rebooted into GUI safe mode. VFIO looks good, SATA controllers are not stubbed so all drives are showing up on Unraid OS. I've started the array and all disks are displaying and showing zero errors, shares are also all showing again.

I'm going to reboot into headless mode now and activate Docker & VM's. Pending that goes well should the next step be a parity check or is it all good since the drives are not showing any error?

I've saved the diags to the Unraid flash drive from safe mode so i can post them here if needed. 

It's strange though because the sata controller wasn't on the VFIO stub list and it wasn't showing as a device that could be passed through to a VM. The only thing I can think of is if an old VM template had 0b:00.0 which was previously for another device but became a sata controller after the 3rd GPU was installed (since my VFIO move about any time I make a hardware change) then maybe if that VM started the sata device could be pulled away from Unraid. But then I don't remember starting any other VM's and nothing was set to start on a schedule. All I done was fired up my GPU before bed and woke to find a mess. It had worked fine for a few days prior. 

Edited by AceRimmer
  • AceRimmer changed the title to [SOLVED] Thousands of Errors on disks, need advice, shares missing