System Rebooting During Drive Usage

I dont see why 2 Gig wouldnt be enough, thats a lot of space for an app that barely takes any.

Two gig can run all of Windows, a ton of apps and sabnzbd/sickbeard. So i dont think thats the issue

Im trying each of my drives one at a time, and stumbled upon a new error.  While running sabnzbd + sickbeard all of a sudden both reported

Killed

and when i try to restart them i get

SABnzbd.py: Transport endpoint is not connected

Not only that but the main unRaid web service is down and i cant connect, the system is still up and running fine and can be pinged...its like everything came crashing to a halt....

I dont see why 2 Gig wouldnt be enough, thats a lot of space for an app that barely takes any.

Two gig can run all of Windows, a ton of apps and sabnzbd/sickbeard. So i dont think thats the issue

This is not a good comparison. Windows uses virtual-memory/swap unRAID does not.

EDIT: Try to telnet in and enter "free -m"

I may have missed it while quickly reading through the thread, but does it hard reboot if you are copying data within the server itself?  I.e. using Midnight Commander to move data from one drive to another?  If I read your initial issue correctly, the reboot occurs when writing to user shares, as in over the network correct?  If so the issue may be being caused by the onboard nic sharing resources with the SATA controller - that is what was going on with my server (similar problem), and it was resolved by adding a dedicated nic.

edit - I notice you have realtek onboard nic, I did as well.  If the sata controller is being managed by that same chipset, its possible they are using the same IRQ.

You know Jazzy, I think you may be onto something that i had been thinking about myself.  I havent copied very large amounts of data between, maybe a gig or two but they all went fine.

This hard reboot is always related to when i am using both Sickbeard and Sabnzbd and are downloading at full speed.  Im assuming the constant read/writing/downloading/extracting may be at play. Ill see if i can throw an adapter in and if it makes it go away...

Last night i tried plugging in just one drive at a time into different SATA ports to see if maybe it was just one of the SATA ports going out..but it still happened although less frequently...which maybe another good sign you are right...