Web UI not accessible while logging window open

Hello there, I recently noticed excessive logging/spam on my server, which lead me to this topic:

In my case I would like to keep bluetooth enabled, but will make another post for that.

The main concern is about the Web UI getting frozen while these logs are happening. After the log window is opened and left there for a few mins, the web UI starts to slow down and eventually completely freezes. Not too sure if the log window uses the same process as Web UI, but seems like it does and Web UI in no longer accessible while the window is open. As soon as it's closed the Web UI works again. I actually had to force shutdown the server once thinking there was something wrong. The tricky thing is that the log window can be easily opened and completely forget to be closed, this can even be done prior to excessive logging. This will cause this behavior and never realize what's wrong, not to mention consoles and other features such as Wireguard and Dockers work flawlessly while the Web Ui is frozen.

OS Version: 6.9.2

Steps to reproduce:

1. Have something that constantly logs to system. Guess you could force this with a script if necessary?

2. Open log window from top right toolbar of the Web UI.

3. Leave the window open for a few minutes, 5 mins should suffice. You will notice the effects are progressive, the longer you wait the worst it gets, until it freezes.

4. Notice how Web UI is no longer responsive/accessible but all other features remain intact.

Workaround:

Make sure to look for opened log window sessions and close them.

Perhaps there's a way to force close/kill processes via terminal to fix it.

Expected behavior:

Web UI should work normally even with log window open.

In my opinion this is a bit more common than it seems, since I would guess people monitor the logs quite often and forgetting to close the window is rather easy to do.

Edited by Krythel

Not a super fair test.  It's not the OS that's bogged down, it's your browser trying to churn through the (probably) thousands of lines and render them.

(And you can confirm because on super long logs where it's continually adding lines, it will slow down the scrolling in the log window, and if you watch an actual console (SSH) and tail the syslog you'll see a very noticeable response time difference)