VM Issue - recent upgrade to 6.10.2 Diagnostics Attached

I have a windows 10 vm, and the other day performance became terrible…basically unresponsive.  I shutdown Unraid and Unraid did not boot up.  I pulled the flash drive made a backup without issue on a standalone pc then ran chkdsk and it said it needed to be repaired.  I repaired and Unraid booted fine.   The VM still had terrible performance.  I used a backup image of a clean win 10 install created a new VM and everything was fine for last day or so.  This new VM now has issues.  I have attached diagnostics.  Recently upgraded to 6.10.2.

Would love for someone with more experience to take a look at my logs and see if anything jumps out as being an issue.   

Thanks,

Dan

tower-diagnostics-20220608-1029.zip

Hi, not sure if it's related to this, but in the logs you have a kernel panic due to your ethernet card at address 00:19.0

As far as the vm settings, all I can see is:

1. you are using a quite old machine version: if you want to still use i440fx at least use a more recent machine version, like >6.

2. your gpu is not correctly set as multifunction, replace this:

<hostdev mode='subsystem' type='pci' managed='yes'>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x0'/>
      </source>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x06' function='0x0'/>
    </hostdev>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
      </source>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x09' function='0x0'/>
    </hostdev>

with this:

<driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x0' multifunction='on'/>
      </source>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x06' function='0x0'/>
    </hostdev>
      <driver name='vfio'/>
      <source>
        <address domain='0x0000' bus='0x02' slot='0x00' function='0x1'/>
      </source>
      <address type='pci' domain='0x0000' bus='0x00' slot='0x06' function='0x1'/>
    </hostdev>

Note that the 2 hostdev blocks in the xml are separated, that's ok, but if you search for the whole block you wont find anything.

3. Usually it's better to bind the gpu to vfio at boot, but if it works as it is it should be ok

Edited by ghost82