Unable to access GUI after restart from one device only

Go to solution Solved by Drackeo,

I rebooted my unRAID server yesterday and since the reboot, I'm completely unable to connect to the web GUI from my main desktop. I am however able to connect to it using anything on wifi (phone, laptop, tablet) as well as from my wife's desktop.

The only place it's not working is my desktop. When I try loading it either via http(s)://towername or http(s)://ip-address:port (8088 for http and 4443 for https) from any browser it just loads indefinitely without ever erroring. Additionally, I'm able to ping the IP from my desktop and get a response back without any issue. I can also run IPERF and get my full 2.5g connection to the server. I'm also able to see and access all of my files from my desktop just fine via the SMB shares. Just the web GUI will not load for me.

If anyone has any ideas that would be amazing! Thank you in advance :)

13 hours ago, JonathanM said:

Try temporarily uninstalling (not just disabling) any security or antivirus software. Sometimes the network protection part goes into hyperactive mode and blocks local lan websites.

So the only antivirus on my computer is windows defender. Disabling every aspect of it doesnt make any difference.

32 minutes ago, JonathanM said:

What OS on your main desktop? 7,8,10, or 11?

Try creating another user on your desktop as a test.

image.png.811b37745956bb553bd62385bb954a9c.png image.png.7c55e267fb85c58fd9243ef2911f3e7b.png

Running windows 10 21H2. Created a second user and identical behavior. Able to ping the server but not able to access the web gui. Additionally I'm able to access my Home Assistant VM thats hosted on the server.

So an update. I uninstalled my network drivers and then reinstalled only my WiFi drivers and was able to connect to the server no issues from my desktop that's been giving me issues. As soon as I reinstalled my LAN driver and tried connecting with that I get the same behavior Ive been describing where the GUI just loads infinitely without ever connecting.

Since wifi works and wired doesn't, can you alter the wired connection in some way? What I mean is, if it's static, give it dhcp, if it's assigned a specific dhcp in the router, give it a new assignment, change the port it's on, etc?

Since it works wifi, you can be pretty confident it's not Unraid or the client computer.

Unless... is it possible you tried the wrong password too many times and got your workstation LAN IP locked out?

So that was the route of troubleshooting that I dove down as soon as I realized wifi was working. I have a static IP set on my desktop first thing I did was remove that and set it back to DHCP (on both my udmp and desktop). I even changed what switch I had it connected to, forced it to forget the device, ect. No dice. 

I uninstalled and reinstalled different versions of the lan driver. No dice. I didn't try changing the static IP but if forcing it back to use DHCP (confirmed it had a different IP address) I figured that wouldn't change anything. 

How can I check if my IP is locked out? 

• Solution

Disabled jumbo frames that everything back to a 1500 MTU and it still didn't work. But for some reason I set everything back to the way it was above and now I can access my server again.... Not sure why and kina annoying. I'll do more testing later tonight to see if I can't replicate the behavior. 

Thanks for the help and ideas of things to try!!