Missing device (disabled)

Hello!

i've set up my unraid nas since 4 months and everything was running fine, but 3 days ago one of my hdd had a problem and now isn't showing up in the array (now is in the unassigned device). I'm trying an extended smart self test to better understard which was the problem and if is better to change the drive o try to reassign to the array. What do you suggest? i've tried looking at the smart log but i'm not an expert and i didn't understand too much... Any help is appreciated!

thank you!

WDC_WD40EZRZ-00WN9B0_WD-WCC4E4TFH6R6-20220620-1148.txt

2 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Disk dropped offline before, this is usually a power/connection problem, check/replace cables and if the emulated disk is mounting and contents look correct you can rebuild on top.

i've had a short power outage before this issue., but i was thinking that with my ups this should not happen!

thank you for your info. now the disk mounts without any problem, i'll rebuild on top as you said. Where i can find a howto?

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, JorgeB said:

Yes, SMART looks real bad, before it wasn't visible since the disk dropped but I should have asked for a SMART report after rebooting, in any case you need to replace that disk.

just for my knowledge, where i can see that the smart is really bad?

anyway, thanks!

There's a failing NOW attribute (reallocated sector count), that would be reason enough to replace, but there are also other bad attributes:

ID# ATTRIBUTE_NAME          FLAGS    VALUE WORST THRESH FAIL RAW_VALUE
  5 Reallocated_Sector_Ct   PO--CK   140   140   140    NOW  1785
196 Reallocated_Event_Count -O--CK   176   176   000    -    24
197 Current_Pending_Sector  -O--CK   200   200   000    -    2
198 Offline_Uncorrectable   ----CK   200   200   000    -    2
200 Multi_Zone_Error_Rate   ---R--   197   197   000    -    1318