(Solved) Built a new rig and keep shutting down after it powers on

Hi guys,

I have just upgraded my UnRaid server, moving from a good old HP N54L to something more powerful as below. Its been  running for 4 days, testing windows 11 VM and backing up my Syno server, nothing crazy. Even though there were some minor issues but luckily I got it fixed (eg: fastboot), until this morning, I could not connected to my UnRaid, I powered it up and it shutdown again. Turns out that the server keep looping for a Shutdown script etc/rc.d/rc.0 right after I switched on. I have 90s before every shut, what should i do about it, does anyone have any ideas or had similar issues before? Thanks!

UnRaid: 6.10.3

Docker:

Krusader

Syncthing

Jellyfin (Installed yesterday)

Spec

CPU: Intel 12th Gen 12600K (770 UHD)

Motherboard: Asus TUF Gamming B660M with WiFi and BT (D4)

Ram: Adata XPG DDR 3200 16GB X4

Graphic: waiting Nvidia 4000 series

PSU: Antec NE750G 80 Plus

NVME 1: Samsung 970 Pro 1TB (Cache)

NVME 2: Old Samsung 256GB (VM-Gaming)

Case: Fractal Node 804

HDDs:

Parity:

Toshiba MG06 8T Enterprise X1

Data

Toshiba DT01ACA300 3TB X4Toshiba MG05 8T Enterprise X1

UPS: APC BE700G-UK (NUT mode, where my Syno will send a clean shutdown packet to UnRaid if it detects a power failure)

Here are some corps, no notification or warning whatsoever
Screenshot_20220626-073013.thumb.jpg.1a960f68b1ba1d2dbaa0356b2799cc0d.jpgIMG_20220626_065900.thumb.jpg.ca41632a281e47f04e684d6c74956621.jpg

IMG_20220626_073113.jpg

Screenshot_20220626-072011.jpg

Edited by a24425311
44 minutes ago, itimpi said:

If it boots in Safe Mode then that means that the Shutdown is being initiated by a plugin you have installed.   It will be a process of elimination to work out which one.

You should also set up the syslog server to get some log information that survives a reboot as that could also give a clue.

Thanks, Syslog attached.

yesterday i installed INTEL GPU TOP and GPU stats for jellyfin server, don't know if it changed some of the setting.

syslog

Edited by a24425311

Cannot see what initiated the shutdown.   I am afraid it looks like you are going to have to do it the hard way and try disabling/enabling plugins until you find the culprit.

If investigating which plugin caused the problem it is worth knowing that if you rename any of the .plg files in the config folder to have a different file extension and then reboot that plugin will not load. Naming it back and rebooting will enable it again.

1 hour ago, itimpi said:

Cannot see what initiated the shutdown.   I am afraid it looks like you are going to have to do it the hard way and try disabling/enabling plugins until you find the culprit.

If investigating which plugin caused the problem it is worth knowing that if you rename any of the .plg files in the config folder to have a different file extension and then reboot that plugin will not load. Naming it back and rebooting will enable it again.

Thanks now i believe it was caused by gpustat.plg, let me remove it and do a fresh install see if it fixes the problem.

• a24425311 changed the title to (Solved) Built a new rig and keep shutting down after it powers on