Parity drive (1 of 2) -- Repeatedly becomes disabled - SMART extended test appears ok... Please see attached diagnostics

Unraid Version: Version: 6.10.1 

Hello all! 

I was wondering if I can get some help with reading diagnostics.  One of my 2 Parity drives continues to become disabled.  I am unsure why my Parity drive is becoming disabled.

Image of my array with the disabled Parity drive is also attached

The same drive which is disabled in the image, was disabled last week for the first time.

Last week, I downloaded the diagnostics, I examined them very closely (I am novice at reading diagnostics, but an experienced C# programmer), it was hard to understand what was 'bad' and what was 'ok'. So I proceeded to run an extended SMART test on the drive (see attached), and it appears that the SMART report completed without error. I do not know enough about SMART reports to know if there is anything 'dangerous' with my SMART report.

2 days after I ran the Extended SMART test, and 'Rebuilt' the Parity drive that was disabled... The drive became disabled again.

Now I have attached the most recent diagnostics and other information to this post, in hopes that someone can read my Diagnostics and help me determine what is wrong.

Only that (1) drive becomes disabled, so I do not think it is an issue with the HBA card overheating (I have fans on my LSI HBA cards to help reduce this).

I would really appreciate it if someone can take a look at my Diagnostics and Extended Smart Test results and see if there are any issues with my drive.

---

The target drive that becomes disabled:

Parity 1  || WDC_WD140EDFZ-11A0VA0_Y5J2GT6C || 14TB || WD Red Pro

Unraid Version: Version: 6.10.1 

Thanks all! I appreciate it!!

Should I also post this on Reddit? Or are these Unraid forums the best place for this?

image (6).png

tower-smart-20220626-1706.zip tower-diagnostics-20220626-1659.zip

60b518cd-3bc9-41e0-bef4-f48f683163ff.png

5a07a95b-54c2-43ae-8067-149eb517bd60.png

Edited by champion01
Added screenshot of disabled drive attributes - for easy reference

Doesn't look like a disk problem, swap cables//slot with another disk, for example parity2 and see if the issues follows the disk.

P,S, unless you're troubleshooting a mover issue disable mover logging to avoid spamming the log, because of that spam cannot see the LSI firmware installed, check that both are on latest release 20.00.07.00