Accessing the actual files inside docker.img

Hi guys. I've been experimenting with unraid for a few days now and I'm loving the system, the simplicity of it and the fact it just works. Although I have a IT background, I've mostly been around windows and azure administration, so I wasn't expecting for it to be this intuitive, so credit to the creators of the system and the webgui itself.

Having said this, I'm having a difficulty, not with unraid itself, but with docker, but since it's on unraid i decided to reach for help here.

Now, bare in mind this might be an incredible noobish question, so sorry in advance.

How do I directly access docker.img? Not the file itself, but the files inside of it.

I've tried creating a Linux vm and mounting it as a secondary hdd, but it fails every time. What I'm trying to do is directly edit the files of a docker container and replace some of them.

Thx in advance

Edited by drydenmike
7 minutes ago, drydenmike said:

edit the files of a docker container and replace some of them

Why do you want to do this?

Typically anything you need to directly access should be mapped to host storage, such as the usual appdata. Also, edits like you want to do won't survive updates.

8 minutes ago, trurl said:

Also, edits like you want to do won't survive updates.

I figured as much... but i can easily not update it, or smash the files again after each update.

I want to "play" with the webgui of an application, specifically changing the favicon and name that appears on the webpage tab and since the files aren't in appdata I'm figuring the only way to change this would be to edit the files inside the image itself.

Edited by drydenmike